8 more days til ride day and damn I am excited and nervous! 100 miles bike ride?! What the hell was I thinking? But heck I am very proud of myself for doing this! We had our send off meeting last night. Got the team jersey and all the info. We went around the room to introduce ourselves. (Not that we don't know each other already, but you'll be amaze how everyone looks different when they are not in cycling clothes and out of context).
I would say half of the people show up for the send off are riding in memory of someone. The other half wih myself included have no personal connection. However, a mentor said that we no longer can say we don't have a personal connection. We are a team now, and someone else's connection becomes ours. We are all riding or the same mission. Suddenly it brings back to the little cards I made for this fundraising: "100 miles, 1 team, 1 mission" It is hard to imagine the battles that the cancer patients face. I, as a healthy person can no longer say, this is too much and I can't do this. Because no tasks are too difficult unless you are battling for your life!
On a light note, I got new tires for my handsome bike. Not just new tires, but mew matching tires! (Von: "you are so shallow!", Ed: "the shit has to look good!") Please excuse my little moment hahah.

bike traffic on the bridge?!

where is the Stark Expo?!

new profile picture!

slick new white tire!

I got a mission, what about you?
P.S. - my first ever cello recital is this coming Sunday. Ekkkk! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment