What a week! I literally came back from our vacation last Sunday, and immediately jumped right back into the madness; exactly where we left off! The jetlag pulled me back from being efficient at things, but nevertheless this has been the best week of the year thus far! I love the feeling of kicking ass and getting things done! I definitely feeling like Rocky!
First thing first! I AM OFFICIALLY RIDING THE 100 MILES (What?! I thought are you, and that's why I donated!) Yes that's true, I am riding 100 miles. But there's the fine print saying "if you don't raise the minimum amount of $2,600, you will either have to donate the amount out of your own pocket in order to ride, or drop out from the program" Another word, I have met my minimum requirement of $2,600 to officially be in the race! It also happens that this coming week was my recommitting deadline. This is when I decide "yes, I can meet the amount" or "no, I won't make it so I'll drop out." My initially idea was that if by recommitment week, the donation amount is not $2,000 I will have to reconsider doing this, because most likely my fundraising skill sucks! But everyone has proofed me wrong! I am feeling lots of love from all my friends, and not only I passed my initial "mark" but I actually met the minimum! That is just plain freakin' awesome!!!! Of course that's the minimum for me to be in the raise, but I have my own personal goal of $3,600 which is still $900 to go! I can't stop now, but really should continue with this great momentum!
My first fundraising event at Uncle Charlie's was a complete success! Basically everyone that showed up that evening chipped in whatever they have, had a great time and blew my fundraising amount for the evening out of the water! We have raised $850.00 for the evening! And There should be one more big amount coming in! The performances by Yaz, Juan Michael, Matt and Chris (Yo Yo-san) were wonderful! I also want to thank Matt for baking those delicious red velvet cupcakes, they are so addictive. And I would like to thank them again for getting their friends' involve! The evening wouldn't have happened without my wonderful friends! I am really feeling the love and support that they have give me! Missed the evening? See the recap through pictures and video (which will be uploaded soon, because they are too big!)

TRAINING RIDES
Now that I'm officially in the race, I am officially scare that I will collapse in the middle of the ride! I see myself as a moderately healthy person, and does my share of light social drinking but not trashed, I don't smoke anymore, but the occasion 1 or 2 cigs when I'm out drinking. I do my share of exercise as often as I could, but I do like to eat! Good stuff too. For sure the past 2 weeks while I was away, I stuff my face to all sorts of delicious food! I might have gained couple of pounds, but heck! When I went out of my solo ride yesterday morning, the 10% constant slope is kicking my ass big time! I was totally struggling! My thighs were killing me, so I only rode 10 miles. That night at Uncle Charlie's one of the people there was asking how long will this ride take. I did the math quickly, let say I ride 10mph, that will take me 10 hours! So I made a joke telling everyone that meet me for dinner at Montauk on June 18th. Now that I think about it, it's not funny anymore, because it will take me all day! My goal is to get into 15-17mph which is a lot, considering I do an average of 13mph. It's not like I'm a car I can just step on it! I better start walking up the stairs whenever I can. Living and working on the 4th floor comes in handy!

I went for a cycling clothes shopping spree
THANK YOU
What a week!
- Reonda Cheng - a muscian, graphic designer, foodie, experimental cook, etc all rolled into one! Thanks to her I got back into cello, which I still have her cello =)
- Joseph Koh - the man who was so kind to allow me to have the "Sing to Cure" event at Uncle Charlie's. Thank you so much Joseph!
- Uncle Charlie's Piano Bar and Lounge - a neat little piano bar and lounge! My great friend Yaz plays there every Wednesday night! Thank you for all the participants for their support and donation!
- Emily Fung (Ah Mo) - my "other sister"! She's basically family to me and I can count her in for anything and everything! Thanks!!!!
- Mark Ross - a very generous participants at "Sing to Cure". It was his first evening at UC and had such a great time he decided to pledge a big amount on the spot! Thank you Mark for being the highlight of the evening!!!!
- Marco Lee - my fellow work neighbor in Williamsburg! We need to go yum cha and catch up! Thank you for your support!
No comments:
Post a Comment