20100423

WEEK 12

Time flies! It's already week 12 for the TNT training. Am I happy with where I'm at right now with my training? Absolutely not! There are always things coming up and I couldn't be on the bike. Some are lame excuses such as jetlag and bad weather. While others are get priority, such as travel for work and RtE activities. Either way, I need to get rid of all the BS reason and ride my bike!!!! Especially after all the good food I have eaten. It's not only about fundraising anymore, is about the spare tire that I have accumulate from my vacation and good food back in the city... Move it buddy! Move it!



Very very good ramen! Best I have had in NYC!



Look at the thick thick broth! Hello Tokyo again?!



Things you do at work. Wait for the sun o move a tiny bit.



Beautiful sunset. (not the building we were phtographing)



The secret is out! Anthony Bourdain's recommendation. The little shack that smokes everything!




i.e. Smoke salmon! Black peppercorn and garli flavor too!



Eating by the Michigan Lake



BIKE HOROSCOPE

If there is such thing? Let me know, cos I had the "not so successful" riding day ever in the history of my bike diary! It all started with I couldn't make it to the group ride on Saturday. Long story short, my teammate picked my up really late due to an emergency and I suggested not to go because he seemed occupied and we were super late!

So then the next day I went out by myself to do a 20-miles ride to make up for it. But... I just had my clip-ons installed the week before and never tried it. So I figured it's best to practice in the park mounting and dismounting from the bike. 30mins later, I was ready to go! So I did my usual route and about to head home. I stopped at a stop light dismounting my left foot but my body was leaning toward the right. AHHHH... I tipped over and looking straight up in the sky. "ummm ok, so that's how falling off from your bike with clip-on feels like." I quickly got up and pretend nothing happened. 10mins later down a slope my back tired started to wiggled and I head this funny thudding sound. I started to brake to a stop, and oops I forgot to dismount. So both of my feet were mounted to the pedals. BAM! I tipped flat in my right side again. I got a flat tire. I quickly got up and try to path it up. No luck. There were 3 holes! And no I didn't have a spare tire either. So now what? I walked to the bike shop which was closes to my home, 3 miles away. Walking with you cycling shoes with cleats is no fun at all! You walk extremely slow and walk like a penguin. 45mins later I was at the bike shop, and realized that I lost one of my gloves. What the hell?!



Trying to fix a flat, but no luck.

No comments: