20100507

THE RAMEN ADVENTURE CONTINUES


They advertise this as thick pork broth and it is true! It is pretty close to the ones I had in Tokyo. So it seems like ramen in NYC is not bad at all, because it does peg up with the "real" ones I had! The pork is nice a fatty, but almost too fatty. I think the reason being is that the soup base had a thick layer or oil, so when I scoop some soup and have it along with the slick pork, it was almost a bit to fattening. Either that I mellow down a lot on fatty and greasy food. The layer of oil also serves as a "protective" layer for the noodles from getting cold. The price is not too bad consider is $9 for a bowl and $12 for a set with gyoza, fried rice or curry over rice. Woooo and one more thing: the grilled squid was really really good! It was nice and tender and juicy! The best I've ever had!



Terakawa Ramen
18 Lexington Ave
(between 22nd St & 23rd St)
New York, NY 10010



P.S. this happens to be my 200th post! nifty!

No comments: