20100225

HEADING FULL SPEED

News: The two fundraising events that I planned for are in the works! Really! I met with the bar that will be holding the Wii Tournament, and the manager is extremely nice and helpful! It will happen in April! I wish is sooner, but I will be traveling late March, which means beginning of March will too much of a rush. I mean crap, March 1st is next Monday!!!

The piano show with Yaz and Juan Michael is a go too! I also met with the manager at Uncle Charlie's, and he's all for the event. Apparently his nephew passed away last year because of leukemia. He was 26 and had been diagnosed for 16 years! For the first time, I know someone died from the disease, only by 3rd degree of separation. Suddenly that brings this event and cause much closer to me. I also met a guy name Matt at Uncle Charlie's last night, and sang really well! Von insists that he should sing at the show, because she was captivated by his voice. He sounded very much like Journey?! Next step, draft up a plan on how to do the show step by step and meet with Joseph again. This will also take place in April. Looks like April will be a very busy month for me!

I wont' be able to make it to my last spin class this Saturday, or Von's show, or RtE meeting. A family emergency came up and I will be flying back to SF for the weekend. My mom fell down stairs last Sunday and injured herself; fractured skull and broke a rib. The crazy thing was that the same day when I was at the Chinese Meeting, I almost fell down the stairs too. My mom and I tend to fall or trip over ourselves. So when I knew she fell down the stairs, I was very scared. That could have be me! Please everyone, be very careful when you walk down stairs. Be an old lady or old man, use the handrail!!!!!

DONATION THANK YOU

Four more donations came in since the last entry, and now we're at the $700 mark! $2,900 to go!! Good job everyone!!
  • Wing - a friend back from the SB days! Definitely miss hanging out as a group: hotpot, dinner, bowling, sometime even mahjong, though not really a fan of it. She made a killer "daikon cake" (蘿蔔糕)! Not only she donated for the event, she even give me the recipe for the 蘿蔔糕 too. It's time to try it out! Thanks!
  • Flavia - a fantastic stylist who works with Von at Delias. I don't really talk to her that much, mainly because I act weird all the time, I think it's time to get to know her! =)
  • Juan Michael - it will require many words to describe this great dancer/performer/singer/playwright/everything. So it's best not to start =)
  • Yaz - this great composer as well, will require too many words to describe this talented wonderful person!

No comments: