20100207

TRAINING DAY

Had my first training yesterday: Spinning Class! Who would've thought that riding on a stationary bike can be so difficult! It was my first time in a spinning class. I was so excited about the class that I couldn't sleep the night before!

So with only 5 hours of sleep and a lunch literally before the class (bad bad idea!), I'm on the bike. For those of you who don't know, the bike is a fixed gear. Meaning, if you want to stop, you don't just stop pedaling and cruise. You either have to slow down bit by bit or press the "STOP" lever. I fell do get use to it, and I almost fell off from the bike. Not a good start. The whole point of the class was to ride in a rhythm, so the room is blasted with music that you would hear on Z100. Syncing to the music was not a problem. 1-2-1-2-1-2-L-R-L-R-L-R... but holding on to the rhythm and embrace it is the hard part, especially when your butt is off from the saddle. I "tripped" couple of times when Rihanna's Disturbia was playing.

Lesson: Take it easy, it was your first class. But damn it work it! And please get padded shorts, your butt hates you!

Recent donations:
  • Elsie was the first person to donate, despise the fact that she lives in HK! We went to community college together. Although we didn't hang out much back in the days, we manage to chat a lot online. I definitely owe her a drink when I'm heading to HK to visit! Thanks!
  • Cassandra aka C-Lai made a donation as well! She went to high school with me and remain as one of my closes friends. (Trust me high school days were my worst time). C-Lai: the living room is all yours when you come visit!
Now off to a short ride in the cold!

No comments: