It has been a very good and productive past couple of days. In terms of work, I figured out how to use Final Cut Express and did the short video for Nordwesthaus, and I say "it looks f-ing cool!". Personal life has just been busy busy busy! Between all the district meetings and Rock the Era practice, I still managed to squeeze in cello lesson! Definitely liking my life and enjoy every moment of it!
In terms of fund raising, I have done a lot, and good news and donations are rolling in! First, I finally got an email from South 4th Bar about holding the Wii Sport Tournament. Although nothing has set and we haven't meet yet, but the fact that they reply and said they'll be happy to hold it! That just made my day! A show with Juan Michael and Yasu at Uncle Charlie's is still in the work, and keeping fingers crossed for that! Emailed Billy about holding a badminton tournament at CP is also in the works. As you can see, I am very paranoid about not making my donation goals, and just come up with all these ways to reach it! So far, friends are very generous with donation and only two and a half weeks, we have raised $600!!!! Thank you so much everyone! Let's keep the ball rolling!
I did my second spin class this afternoon. I missed last weekend, because I was busy cooking away for Chinese New Year dinner. I believe I did much better this time around, because my butt is sore! I managed to ride off my saddle for more than 4 songs almost the whole way. I did cheat a little by sitting and rest a bit, but I am definitely not into hurting myself during training. One thing for sure padded cycling shorts rocks! My butt loves me dearly for it! I really wanted to take pictures of the spinning class, but the moment we were in the room, everyone just hopped on and/or adjust seats and started going! I'll try again next Saturday, as it will be the last spinning class, then off we go into the great outdoor! I am so glad that I bought some winter cycling gear, cos 30F outside cycling ain't a pretty sight! Now the question is how do I get myself over to Jersey on weekends, or even Central Park/Prospect Park during the weekdays 6am in the morning! HOLY COW!! Dedication! Dedication!
I met up with couple of teammates after the spin class, just to know each other, and had a blast talking. **NOTE** I cannot drink for sh*t! I had one beer and I was tipsy and not doing well for the rest of the evening! Hey buddy, work up your drinking game or don't drink at all! It's embarrassing! Nevertheless, I had a great time and had a great conversation with a friend afterward too! So far everything I've done has been a challenge for myself. The bike ride, the fund raising, the training and really putting my time into it. I really want to prove to myself that if I want to do something, it will be done and far better!
DONATION THANK YOU
- Susan - a friend in SF, don't really talk on a regular basis, but somehow have tons of common friends and a common respect for each other. Definitely a foodie and I always drool when she takes pictures of her food! It's been awhile since I saw her. I think because of this event, I should keep her in my mind more often!
- Dorothy (mom) - she was my mom during my Merrill days. The coolest lady ever and extremely friendly, but not mistaken as someone can be taken advantage. She really took care of me when I work at Merrill, and I am always happy to talk to her and see her! Thanks Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment